- Schedule: Friday 18 November 2016, 10:00 – 12:00
- Venue: Geneva Business School Barcelona Campus
Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 617, Principal
Tel: +34 934816506
- Professor David Gallego External venue operations and broadcast manager UEFA europa leage
To challenge students’ assumptions about traditional ways to view sport, sporting competitions and the business of sport. To encourage them to see new opportunities for sports which are under-represented at the international level. To identify how new technologies can enhance the business of sport.
1. Introductions – then and now – how the world of sport has changed in the last 30 years.
2. Challenging the current assumptions about the sports industry.
3. Working with underrepresented groups – disabilities, gender etc.
4. Starting a sports-related business today.
5. Case example.
6. Technology applications in athlete health and management.
7. Technology applications in audience participation.
8. Technology applications in sports management.
9. Using design thinking in the sports context.
10. Case example.
11. Making money from sport.
12. Wrap-up and questions.