Master of Science in Finance
Major in Islamic Finance
The Master of Science in Finance (MSc.F) with a Major in Islamic Finance is a comprehensive post-graduate program for candidates who are seeking a detailed understanding of the concepts and mechanisms of Islamic Finance, banking and insurance. Students will learn from professors with extensive experience in the field and will be prepared to work in any IF institution upon graduation.
Over the course of this program students will:
- Identify the emergence of Islamic Finance in modern business
- Learn about the Law of Contract of Islamic structures
- Examine the financial structures and techniques applied by Islamic banks
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the financial products offered through the Islamic financing system
MSc.F in Islamic Finance Brochure
- Duration: 18 months
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Language: English
- Intakes: February and September
- Degree Awarded: Master of Science in Finance Major in Islamic Finance.
- Transfer Opportunities: We offer our students the option to transfer for a semester between our Geneva and Barcelona campuses.
- Internships: We provide the access to internship opportunities in international companies and organizations.
- Location: Geneva Campus and Barcelona Campus
The program is of particular relevance to those working in, or planning to work in:
- Islamic Banker Adviser
- Islamic Banking Finance Manager
- Banking Relationship Manager
- Introduction to Islamic Finance & Banking
- Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence
- Islamic Insurance
- Islamic Economic System
- Contract & Partnerships in Islamic Banking
- Sukuk Structure
We can Help! Our officers will be delighted to advise you!
“The education I received at GBS has helped me a lot. It has shown me the path and led me to become what i am today. The practical approach GBS follows, provided me with valuable informations, which have helped me every day in my professional career. GBS gave me the opportunities by providing excellent professors and helping me build a network while studying in the heart of Geneva. I will always keep great memories of my moments in GBS. I would recommend it to any student looking for a good academic curriculum”
“My short term goals are becoming a subject matter expert in my field. I want to be prepared for future promotional opportunities. I have taken the leading role on a project to prepare myself for managerial opportunities. I am also flexible, I take on roles which will broaden my exposure. To do so, i have joined a two cross-functional team projects, one with the finance group and the other with the marketing group. This has not only strengthen my relationships with other teams, it has also broaden my knowledge base for interaction. GBS is the reason for my success in acquiring all of these knowledge.”
“While working in my professional field for a few years, I have been elaborating hardware and software systems for medical purposes. I have studied various economic aspects of the market and industry of medical equipment, being engaged in solid state modeling, programming and various check studies of human respirator system. I have also tried my hand as a project manager of several pilot projects in sports medicine, addressing multiple technological and economic problems. I hope, that by studying at GBS, it will help me to realize and commercialize my own projects.”