Admission Process & Requirements for our Bachelor programs
Admission Criteria for Bachelor Programs (BBA / BF)
Students, interested to join GBS bachelor degrees, must have successfully completed their final secondary school examinations and any other required examinations qualifying them for university admission in their country or in the country where their secondary studies took place.
- Swiss Maturité, International Baccalaureate of minimum 30 points, 3 A-levels, High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL 70 or proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years.
- Scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts and academic certificates obtained
- A 500 word essay: What can you bring to the GBS community?
- Photocopy of valid passport / National ID
- 1 reference letter
- APPLICATION SUBMITTED: Application from prospective students are reviewed only once all documentation are submitted and admission criteria met.
- ENGLISH EXAM: As English is the common language used in GBS, TOEFL/IELTS test scores, phone or face to face interviews measure each student’s English proficiency level. Online English tests can be an alternative
- PHONE INTERVIEW: After all references have been checked, a final phone interview is made
Admission Criteria for Credit-Transfer Students
Transferring from another higher education institution
- Students who have completed studies at another institution prior to their application to GBS may request to have their transcripts evaluated for transfer credit.
- All registration requests should be addressed to the Admissions Department for due consideration.
- Credit transfer evaluation request, a CV and a brief essay of student’ academic achievements are submitted to the Registrar who reviews the application. Only courses deemed relevant to the GBS programme are accepted as transfer credit.
- The Registrar informs the Admissions Deparment on final decision.
- Once the student has been officially enrolled at GBS, previously earned transfer credits are not considered or validated.
Credit transfer allowance
- Bachelor Programs: Maximum number of transfer credits is 120 ECTS credits
If transfer student’s previous academic credentials are not registered in ECTS credits, the Registrar converts credits cumulated to correspond with the ECTS system (Europe).