Admission Process & Requirements for our Bachelor’s Programs
Admission Criteria for Bachelor’s Programs (IM)
Prospective Bachelor’s (IM) students must have successfully completed their final secondary school examinations and any other required examinations qualifying them for university admission in their country or the country where their secondary studies took place.
- Swiss Maturité, International Baccalaureate (minimum 30 points), 3 A-levels, a high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL 70 or proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years
- A scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts and academic certificates
- A 500-word essay: What can you bring to the Geneva Business School community?
- Photocopy of valid passport / national ID card
- 1 reference letter
- APPLICATION: Applications are only reviewed once all documentation is submitted and admission criteria met.
- ENGLISH EXAM: As English is the official language at Geneva Business School, TOEFL/IELTS test scores, or phone or face-to-face interviews, measure each student’s English proficiency level. In some cases, online English tests may be accepted.
- PHONE INTERVIEW: After all references have been checked, students will have to conduct a final phone interview.
Admission Criteria for Credit-Transfer Students
Transferring from another higher education institution
- Students who have studied at another institution prior to applying to Geneva Business School may request to have their transcripts evaluated for credit transfer.
- All registration requests should be addressed to the Admissions Department for consideration.
- A credit transfer evaluation request, a CV and a brief essay of the students’ academic achievements must be submitted to the Registrar, who reviews the application. Only courses deemed relevant to the Geneva Business School program are accepted as transfer credit.
- The Registrar informs the Admissions Department of the final decision.
- Once the student has been officially enrolled at Geneva Business School, previously earned transfer credits are not considered or validated.
Credit transfer allowance
- Bachelor Programs: Maximum number of transfer credits is 120 ECTS credits
Bachelor programs: the maximum number of transfer credits is 120 ECTS. If the transferring student’s previous academic credentials are not from the European ECTS system, the Registrar converts accumulated credits to correspond with the ECTS system (Europe).