Admission Process & Requirements for our Bachelor’s Programs
Admission Criteria for Bachelor’s Programs
Students who wish to apply to a Geneva Business School bachelor’s degree must have successfully completed their final secondary school examinations and any other required examinations qualifying them for university admission in their country or in the country where their secondary school studies took place.
- Swiss Maturité, International Baccalaureate of minimum 30 points, 3 A-levels, high school diploma or equivalent (Geneva Business School uses a country-specific admissions criteria for prospective bachelor’s students. Please contact our Admissions Department for more details.)
- IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL 70 / DET 95-100 (official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English-speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years
- A scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts, and academic certificates
A 500-word written response to a business case study
- An interview with a representative from the academic team on their chosen campus. Their response to the case study will be discussed in the interview.
- Photocopy of valid passport / national ID
- 1 reference letter from a former teacher or employer
- APPLICATION: Applications are only reviewed once all documentation is submitted and admission criteria met.
- ENGLISH EXAM: As English is the official language at Geneva Business School, TOEFL/IELTS/DET test scores, or phone or face-to-face interviews, measure each student’s English proficiency level. In some cases, online English tests may be accepted.
- PHONE INTERVIEW: After all references have been checked, students will have to conduct a final phone interview.
For more information about our admissions procedure, please contact our Admissions Department.
Exceptional admissions conditions – COVID-19
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Geneva Business School Board of Management has decided that it will accept students even if they are unable to obtain their high school diplomas due to the pandemic.
This measure is on the condition that their grade transcripts, English level, and school recommendations are of the high level we expect from applicants worldwide, and our admissions requirements remain unchanged.
Candidates accepted to Geneva Business School without TOEFL/IELTS or high school examination results will be afforded one additional academic year, from the time they join our school, to provide the missing documents.
Applicants may submit the Duolingo English Test (DET), which combines an English proficiency test with a brief video interview. Duolingo’s technology and format allows applicants to complete the test at any time or place with internet access. More information here.
You can find more information on our exceptional admissions requirements on our blog.