Admission Criteria for Doctorate Programs (DBA)
- Completion of master’s in a relevant field.
- IELTS 7.0 / TOEFL 85 (official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English-speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years
- A scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts, and academic certificates
- Students should have at least 2 years of work experience after gaining a master’s-level qualification
- Photocopy of valid passport / national ID
- Reference letters from their former academic institution and from their current employer (if applicable)
- Completion of the Thesis Proposal form, which must follow the guidelines outlined here.
- APPLICATION SUBMITTED: Application from prospective students are reviewed only once all documents are submitted and admission criteria met.
- ENGLISH EXAM: As English is the common language used in Geneva Business School, TOEFL/IELTS test scores , online, phone or face to face interviews measure each student’s English proficiency level. Online English tests can be an alternative if necessary
- INTERVIEW: After all references have been checked, a final interview takes place and then a final letter of admission is sent to the prospective student.
- CONFIRMATION: The Registrar validates applications and informs the students. The Registrar reviews applications that may not completely fulfill the admission criteria and may accept them upon evidence-based competency proofs. In some instances an “entrance exam” may be added to assess candidates’ proficiency in reading, writing, verbal, analytical and quantitative proficiencies.
Admission Criteria for Credit-Transfer Students
- Credit transfer allowance: No credit transfer accepted
Exceptional admissions conditions – COVID-19
- In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Geneva Business School Board of Management has decided that it will accept students even if they are unable to obtain their TOEFL/ IELTS English exam results due to the pandemic.During the application interviews, we will apply the same level of rigorous assessment as well as thoroughly evaluate the candidate’s level of comprehension in English to ensure that everyone has the capacity to participate in class.
Candidates accepted to Geneva Business School without TOEFL/IELTS or high school examination results will be afforded one additional academic year, from the time they join our school, to provide the missing documents.
You can find more information on our exceptional admissions requirements on our blog.