Doctorate’s Fees for 2019. (prices in Euros)
- Application Fee: €150 (Non-refundable, paid upon application)
- Administration Fee: € 1.900 (One time fee, refund of 80% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
- Tuition per semester: € 6.000 (Total 3 year program / 6 semesters) (Refund of 100% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Admission Criteria for Doctorate Programs (DBA)
- Completion of Master in relevant field.
- IELTS 7.0 / TOEFL 85 (English Official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years.
- Resume / CV
- Introduction letter providing reasons for wishing to study in the desired program at GBS (Transfer credits request should also be included in this letter, if applicable)
- 5 page A4 Thesis Proposal
- Reference letters (one reference letter minimum, ideally two (1 academic + 1 professional)
- Photocopy of academic credentials (diplomas, certificates)
- Photocopy of valid passport + 1 passport photo
- APPLICATION SUBMITTED: Application from prospective students are reviewed only once all documentation are submitted and admission criteria met.
- ENGLISH EXAM: As English is the common language used in GBS, TOEFL/IELTS test scores, phone or face to face interviews measure each student’s English proficiency level. Online English tests can be an alternative (to be developed)
- PHONE INTERVIEW: After all references have been checked, a final phone interview is made then a final letter of admission is sent to the prospective student.
- CONFIRMATION: The Registrar validates applications and informs the students. The Registrar reviews applications that may not completely fulfill the admission criteria and may accept them upon evidence-based competency proofs. An “entrance exam” (link to add) may be added to assess candidates’ proficiency in reading, writing, verbal, analytical and quantitative proficiencies.
- CREDIT TRANSFERS: Students with credits gained from another university institution may claim the recognition of these credits. More details below.
Admission Criteria for Credit-Transfer Students
- Credit transfer allowance
- No credit transfer accepted
If transfer student’s previous academic credentials are not registered in ECTS credits, the Registrar converts credits cumulated to correspond with the ECTS system (Europe). See Credits and Awards for the equivalence table.