Admission Process, Requirements & Fees for our Master programs
Master Fees for 2019. Geneva Campus. (prices in Swiss Francs)
Application Fee: €150 (Non-refundable, paid upon application)
Administration Fee: CHF 3,000 (
Tuition per semester: CHF 10,650 (Total
Master Fees for 2019. Barcelona and Madrid* Campus.
Application Fee: €150 (Non-refundable, paid upon application)
Administration Fee: €1,900 (
Tuition per semester: €7,460 (Total
*Only available from September 2019 intake
Admissions Criteria for Masters Programs
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related field
- 2 years work experience minimum for MBA programs
- IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL 70 (English Official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years experience for MBA programs
- Prerequisite: Knowledge of Accounting, Finance, Economics. If prerequisites
not studiedpreviously, Pre-Master classes can be taken during summer or with online level courses such as Peregrine and obtaining a minimum60% on the self tests.
- Resume / CV
- Introduction letter providing reasons for wishing to study in the desired program at GBS (Transfer credits request should also be included in this letter, if applicable)
- A 400-600 word essay (Please refer to the application form for details. link to add)
- Reference letters (one reference letter minimum, ideally two (1 academic + 1 professional)
- Photocopy of academic credentials (diplomas, certificates)
- Photocopy of valid passport + 1 passport photo
- APPLICATION SUBMITTED: Application from prospective students are reviewed only once all documentation
aresubmitted and admission criteria met.
- ENGLISH EXAM: As English is the common language used in GBS, TOEFL/IELTS test
scores ,phone or face to face interviews measure each student’s English proficiency level. Online English tests can be an alternative
- PHONE INTERVIEW: After all references have been checked, a final phone interview is made then a final letter of admission is sent to the prospective student.
- CONFIRMATION: The Registrar validates applications and informs the students. The Registrar reviews applications that may not completely fulfill the admission criteria and may accept them upon evidence-based competency proofs. An “entrance exam” (link to add) may be added to assess candidates’ proficiency in reading, writing, verbal, analytical and quantitative proficiencies.
- CREDIT TRANSFERS: Students with credits gained from another university institution may claim the recognition of these credits. More details below.
Admission Criteria for Credit-Transfer Students
Transferring from another higher education institution
- Students who have completed studies at another institution prior to their application to GBS may request to have their transcripts evaluated for transfer credit.
- All registration requests should be addressed to Geneva or Barcelona campus for due consideration.
- Credit transfer evaluation request, a CV and a brief essay of student’ academic achievements are submitted to the Registrar who reviews the application. Only courses deemed relevant to the GBS programme are accepted as transfer credit.
- The Registrar informs the Recruitment Teams on
- Once the student has been officially enrolled at GBS, previously earned transfer credits are not considered or validated.
Credit transfer allowance
- Masters Programs: Maximum number of transfer credits is 24 ECTS credits (including max 24 credits for APEL. see details below)
If transfer student’s previous academic credentials are not registered in ECTS credits, the Registrar converts credits cumulated to correspond with the ECTS system (Europe). See Credits and Awards for the equivalence table.
Accredited Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
APEL is a credit granting process that recognizes student’s developmental learning acquired through work, training, voluntary activities and which are equivalent to
To this purpose, out of 90
APEL Application Criteria:
- 5 years working experience minimum
Writtenreport that demonstrates, with supporting evidence, how developmental learning through working experience has enabled the student to meet the course learning outcomes.
Admission Criteria for Mature Students Who Lack Formal Academic Qualifications
GBS values diversity and seeks the best candidates regardless of age or background. Just like everyone else who applies, mature students need to demonstrate academic ability and commitment to study. (‘Mature student’ means 25 or over at the start of the student’s first semester.)
When mature students apply GBS will take into account their work experience and life skills, but it is essential that mature students have undertaken some type of formal study in the three years before their application – even if those studies have not resulted in formal academic qualifications. Examples of formal study in this context could be evening classes, online courses, training courses provided by an employer.
Mature students who wish to study at bachelor level and who have not completed the
Mature students who wish to study at master level, but have not completed a bachelor degree can have their work experience and life skills considered as part of the application process. These may be deemed sufficient and the student will be allowed direct entry to the master programme. Where it is decided these are not sufficient the student will have to complete a one or
In any case, for students without a Bachelor degree, there are 2 options:
- Students without Bachelors but with 5 years Professional experience (Desire to enter into GBS Masters Program)
They can pay to do Online Leveling courses and exams with our approved assessment partner, Peregrine Academics. They will receive directly from the partner, revision material for approximately 14 business related modules with final exams that they must pass. All subjects can be studied online and must be passed with a success rate of a
Successful completion of these exams gives an equivalent status to that of somebody having a Bachelor degree in Business and can enter directly into a GBS MBA.
- Students without Bachelors but with 5 years Professional experience (Entry into 3rd yr of GBS Bachelors Program)
Somebody with 5 years professional experience and
For the leveling exam costs with our assessment partner, Peregrine Academics, they charge a fee per person payable by the student. Upon completion, a certificate can be presented and accepted by GBS.