Admission Process & Requirements for our Master programs
Admission Criteria for Masters Programs (MBA / MScF)
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related field
- IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 74 (English Official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years
- Scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts and academic certificates obtained
- A 500 word essay: What can you bring to the GBS community?
- Photocopy of valid passport / National ID
- 1 reference letter
- Prerequisite: Knowledge of Accounting, Finance, Economics. If prerequisites not studied previously, Pre-Master classes can be taken during summer or with online level courses such as Peregrine and obtaining a minimum of 60% on the self tests.
- 2 years of work experience or equivalent
- APPLICATION SUBMITTED: Application from prospective students are reviewed only once all documentation are submitted and admission criteria met.
- ENGLISH EXAM: As English is the common language used in GBS, TOEFL/IELTS test scores , phone or face to face interviews measure each student’s English proficiency level. Online English tests can be an alternative.
- PHONE INTERVIEW: After all references have been checked, a final phone interview is made.
Admission Criteria for Credit-Transfer Students
Transferring from another higher education institution
- Students who have completed studies at another institution prior to their application to GBS may request to have their transcripts evaluated for transfer credit.
- All registration requests should be addressed to the Admissions Department for due consideration.
- Credit transfer evaluation request, a CV and a brief essay of student’ academic achievements are submitted to the Registrar who reviews the application. Only courses deemed relevant to the GBS programme are accepted as transfer credit.
- The Registrar informs the Admissions Deparment on final decision.
- Once the student has been officially enrolled at GBS, previously earned transfer credits are not considered or validated.
Credit transfer allowance
- Masters Programs: Maximum number of transfer credits is 24 ECTS credits (including max 24 credits for APEL. see details below)
If transfer student’s previous academic credentials are not registered in ECTS credits, the Registrar converts credits cumulated to correspond with the ECTS system (Europe). Accredited Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) APEL is a credit granting process that recognizes student’s developmental learning acquired through work, training, voluntary activities and which are equivalent to a specific course learning outcomes on the MBA program. APEL focuses on learning gained through experience, not the experience itself. To this purpose, out of 90 ECTS credits for the entire programme, a possible exemption from five core courses/electives, plus one orientation course may be granted and will be waived from the student’s study plan. Every validation for credit transfer is subject to prior approval from the Registrar, upon justified evidence of previous achievements in a recognized institution. APEL Application Criteria:
- 5 years working experience minimum
- Written report that demonstrates, with supporting evidence, how developmental learning through working experience has enabled the student to meet the course learning outcomes.
Admission Criteria for Students without Bachelors
- Students without Bachelors but with 5 years Professional experience (Desire to enter into GBS Masters Program)
They can pay to do Online Leveling courses and exams with our approved assessment partner, Peregrine Academics. They will receive directly from the partner, revision material for approximately 14 business related modules with final exams that they must pass. All subjects can be studied online and must be passed with a success rate of a minimum 65%. Successful completion of these exams gives an equivalent status to that of somebody having a Bachelor degree in Business and can enter directly into a GBS MBA.
- Students without Bachelors but with 5 years Professional experience (Entry into 3rd yr of GBS Bachelors Program)
Somebody with 5 years professional experience and having completed the same 14 modules mentioned above can enter into year 3 of a GBS BBA program. This was designed as a result of students taking option 1, then realizing that some employers ask to see a Bachelor degree in addition to the Master’s degree. Hence, students taking this option can complete the 3rd year then receive a GBS BBA degree and then receive automatic acceptance into the Master Program. For the leveling exam costs with our assessment partner, Peregrine Academics, they charge a fee per person payable by the student. Upon completion, a certificate can be presented and accepted by GBS.