DBA Entry Requirements
- Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a related field
- IELTS 7.0 / TOEFL 85 / DET 115-120 (official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English-speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years
- Scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts, certificates
- Extensive previous business/professional experience
- Photocopy of a valid passport/national ID
- Reference letters from a former academic institution and from current employer (if applicable)
- Completion of the Thesis Proposal Form.
DBA Admission Process
- APPLICATION SUBMITTED: Application from prospective students are reviewed only once all documents are submitted and admission criteria met.
- ENGLISH EXAM: As English is the common language used in Geneva Business School, TOEFL/IELTS/DET test scores , online, phone or face to face interviews measure each student’s English proficiency level. Online English tests can be an alternative if necessary
- INTERVIEW: After all references have been checked, a final interview takes place and then a final letter of admission is sent to the prospective student.
- CONFIRMATION: The Registrar validates applications and informs the students. The Registrar reviews applications that may not completely fulfill the admission criteria and may accept them upon evidence-based competency proofs. In some instances an “entrance exam” may be added to assess candidates’ proficiency in reading, writing, verbal, analytical and quantitative proficiencies.
Admission Criteria for Credit-Transfer Students
Credit transfer allowance: No credit transfer accepted
Exceptional admissions conditions COVID-19
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Geneva Business School Board of Management has decided that it will accept students even if they are unable to obtain their high school diplomas due to the pandemic. This measure is on the condition that their grade transcripts, English level, and school recommendations are of the high level we expect from applicants worldwide, and our admissions requirements remain unchanged. Candidates accepted to Geneva Business School without TOEFL/IELTS or high school examination results will be afforded one additional academic year, from the time they join our school, to provide the missing documents. Applicants may submit the Duolingo English Test (DET), which combines an English proficiency test with a brief video interview. Duolingo’s technology and format allows applicants to complete the test at any time or place with internet access. More information here. You can find more information on our exceptional admissions requirements on our blog.